Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pregnancy makes you do weird things

I am already slacking a little on the posts, I apologize :) Time has been flying by... I am officially in the 3rd trimester: complete with crazy hormones and the ability to cry at anything/everything in seconds. I am almost 29 weeks..and Emmalyn is making it impossible to breathe. I realize I am a short girl and there can't possibly be enough room for all of my organs AND a 2.5lb baby already (really..she's 2.5lbs how crazy is that?!). I get so winded doing the easiest things like..holding a conversation. Sometimes I have to physically stop and catch my breath! I have had such an easy pregnancy this whole time that I was bound to have a few pains..it's part of the "pregnancy right of passage" I suppose! I told Mike in 12 years when Emma is begging for something, or telling me I'm super uncool that I will hold this over her head "You know I spent the last 3 months of my pregnancy with you on the verge of collapsing from oxygen deprivation...".

In other news Mike officially painted the nursery "honeydew" green! It's so cute and I cant wait to get all of her things in there. I can't seem to get a good picture of the walls because everytime I remember it is dark, or I'm not home. I have even started to nest I think.... all I can think about is what needs cleaned and organized. Even when things are clean or organized...I find more that I can do, make a big mess getting everything out ready for organization..and then half way through lose my motivation - go lay on the couch with a tub of chocolate peanut butter ice cream and wait for tomorrow when I will feel the desire to begin again :) I've even started doing Mike's laundry.... for those of you who know Mike you know why I've never attempted doing his laundry. Mike...is a "labeler" as in..he labels his socks...R1 and L1...so that the same sock always goes with the same match..and onto the same foot. He also feels like if he does not get his clothes out of the dryer within seconds of the dryer going off that he is going to have to rewash/dry the whole thing. I've tried to explain that you can start the dryer for a few minutes to get the wrinkles out...or I'm sure we have an iron around here somewhere but there is no convincing this man! He likes his clothes folded like they fold in a department store, and his boxers "rolled". Pregnancy makes you do strange things.....cry at everything, AND attempt the impossible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment